Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013




What do I do on my day off, especially when I'm not feeling the greatest? And yet, sitting on the couch, watching The Fellowship of the Ring with a hotpack is making me antsy? Why, I go pull out my Pioneer Woman cookbook, and whip up half a batch of her scrumptious...oh, wait, wanna be surprised? Can you guess what it is?

It starts out in a pot...







 But when you mix it with many many cups of flour, you get a dough ball squishy and soft to kneed.
Then you let it sit in the bowl for an hour, watching bits and pieces of Sam and Frodo, trying not to go crazy with 5 little kids bouncing off the walls with hyperness...



Take it out of its bowl and roll it out on the counter (wash the counter first...our's was left messy by one particularly messy child who had KP duty for the lunch hour. I shall not name names.).
Rub it down in the most heavenly melted butter and sprinkle on as much cinnamon and sugar as you can possibly stand (hahahahaha, where's that limit, I'd like to know!)








When you've finished, roll it up tight, tight, tight!
So tight its guts of buttery-sugary-cinnamony goodness are exploding from the sides and ends. Om nom nom nom.
It'll look like one big log. Cut the log into 25 pieces.








Place said 25 pieces into pie dishes, cake pans, etc. and squish em down a bit into a circular pastry. They are squishy, gooey, sticky pieces of gloriousness.















Oh my goodness. Doused, glazed, soaked,
whatever you want to call it, in a coffee frosting?
Please. Just let me die. It is heaaaaaven.



Oh yeah. And if you're an idiot and can't tell, they're cinnamon rolls. ;)

1 comment: