Ever felt the pressure of the world on your shoulders?
Maybe add an enormous struggle...
Maybe you have to pretend to be happy all the time, because it's what everyone expects.
Maybe you have to stifle your tears because you hate to show weakness.
But.
I am not Wonder Girl.
I don't have to hold the weight of the world on my shoulders.
I don't have to hold onto my struggle.
It's okay to show sadness. It's okay to appear weak. It's okay to cry.
Because...
...He will not let your foot slip—He who watches over you will not slumber. (Psalm 121:3)
I can let Him be the Wonder person. I can let Him help me carry my troubles. I can fall onto Him. I can let Him see me cry.
Because...
I am not Wonder Girl.
Good post! Thanks for the reminder! <3 I needed it! :-)
ReplyDeleteOh this was a good post. Everyone needs to hear this. *hugs* You may not be Wonder Girl, but you're pretty wonderful. :)
ReplyDelete