Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

30 Day Writing Meme: Day #15.

15. Midway question! Tell us about a writer you admire, whether professional or not!

There are so many authors I admire! Jane Austen! Arthur Conan Doyle! P.G. Wodehouse! Cornelia Funke! C.S. Lewis! L.M. Montgomery! Louisa May Alcott! Joan Aiken! The list goes on and on! Which one shall I talk about? I guess L. M. Montgomery since that is who I'm reading at the moment...at least, I'm reading her "Emily of New Moon".
L. M. Montgomery's books are all very very similar, but they're so wonderful (mostly...) that one can't help but read them over and over. This line alone from "Jane of Lantern Hill" holds a certain magic for me:

"He taught her the loveliness of words...dad read words as if he tasted them."

Oh, I love that...words that taste. Words that are lovely.

Okay, yes, yes, let's all cry "NERD!" at me. :P

L. M. Montgomery has a dreamy sort of style to her books...dreamy and light and beautiful. She draws such pictures in your mind so that you can see everything that she wrote down. Words were not just words with her. Words were...as she said in that sentence...lovely. They have a grand taste to them. It just inspires me all the more...and reminds me how much I love words, how words form the pictures inside my head, and how I want my words to be lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment