I did not get the chance to go see "Inception" in theaters. But I did not miss out on the soundtrack. If Hans Zimmer composed it, then I'll listen to it.
Most people don't notice the soundtracks to movies. It is one of the first things I do notice. And I have never been let down when it comes to a Hans Zimmer soundtrack. Hans Zimmer has a gift for hitting the right sound. I've heard people say that his soundtracks sound too much alike. I couldn't disagree more. Yes, there are similarities, but that's just Zimmer's style. You going to hear it in all his music. He can compose the most heart breaking and sweet themes to the most epic, action-packed theme. And sometimes he even combines the heart-breaking with the epic. It is beyond amazing. You cannot listen to all of Hans Zimmer's soundtracks and still think he does the same thing over and over. You just cannot compare "The Holiday" with "Pearl Harbor".
My favorite soundtrack by him (so far) is "Pearl Harbor"...I just cannot resist "Tennessee" and "Then I Kissed Him". They are my comfort songs.
My latest favorite, however, is the soundtrack to "Inception". It gives me goosebumps every time. You don't need to watch the movie to appreciate the emotions in the music (I should know...I haven't seen the movie yet!) All you have to do is close your eyes and hear the music to feel the emotions.
Hans Zimmer's music is powerful. You don't agree with me? Just listen to this track from "Inception" and I dare you to disagree with me then.
I was just listening to the soundtrack today (hence the post on FB) and although I didn't listen to many of the tracks I ended up liking this one the best of the ones I heard. :) Besides, this music goes to one of the best scenes in the movie. I SUUUUPER want you to see it! *hugs* Come on over and we can go see it together, okay? :)
ReplyDelete