Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

The World is Quiet Here

The world is quiet here.

I only wish it were. When you live in a house with so many other people the world can feel so very small...and so not very quiet.
I can't just go in my room, close the door, and recharge.
So I find refuge in music.

I sit in the corner of the livingroom, legs curled up beneath me, laptop on lap...all the while, four little kids yelling at each other as they play a game in the center of the room. One brother playing the piano. The world is definitely not quiet.

I raise my earbuds to my ears, I close my eyes, and let the music wash over my mind. For a little while, I can escape to a place where the world is quiet in some way.


The world is quiet here.

1 comment:

  1. Heh. I so relate.

    Lovely post and lovely piece of music. :)

    Alyosha

    ReplyDelete