Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Meme: Day #8.

Day 08 – A moment

A moment...boy, which one to choose! This whole post may not be just a moment, but it leads up to the one moment that made my 20th birthday the best one ever.

It was early November...a rather cold and cloudy day, but I was excitedly & ecstatically getting ready for my own birthday party. A birthday party which I was throwing for myself. I had invited all my closest friends, and most of them would be attending. I had planned a Jane Austen themed tea party, complete with dressing up in Regency gowns, and pretending to be Emma Woodhouse! I was working on a batch of scones when my guests started to arrive. First it was my bestest friend Amy. She walked through the door and I immediately stopped to hug her.

"Where's Joy?" I immediately asked, afraid that her sister, another friend, hadn't been able to come.
"Oh, she'll be in a minute."
Relieved I went back to making my scones.

Next thing I knew, I heard someone (My Mom I thought at the time...) calling my name, "Samantha!"

I turned around, expecting Mom to tell me to do something...and there, standing directly in front of me was my best friend HannahBeth. THE friend I had NOT been expecting to come to my party. THE best friend I had never met in person. THE friend I had been praying and praying to meet someday soon.
I was surprised to say the least. And the only thing I could think of to say?

"What are YOU doing here???!"

Then we were hugging...I couldn't believe it! I was hugging my bestest friend! It was one of the best moments ever. :)

3 comments:

  1. Hahah!! I love your reaction. "What are YOU doing here??" :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. *huggles* Aww! It was one of my favoritest moments ever! :D :D The look on your face was priceless. ;)
    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete