Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Meme: Day #1.

Day 01 - Introduce yourself

Hello! My name is Sam. Okay, it's Samantha. According to my parents, they had huge hopes that in naming me "Samantha" that I'd turn out to be a good listener (In case you didn't know, "Samantha" means "the Listener".)...they "hoped" so they say. HEY! I AM a good listener! Really! I just talk a lot! :P

I grew up the hugest introvert ever born. I refused to smile for cameras, that's how shy I was. I hated the attention. I stuck to either Mom or Dad's sides whenever we went out. I never talked to ANYONE outside of my family unless I had too. (There were rare cases, such as my Memere or my mom's good friend Beth, who I LOVED to pieces.) It wasn't until I was sixteen and got a job at the public library that I learned to leave my comfort zone and found out that I actually love being an extrovert! I love interacting with people, especially kids, and I love my job. :D So, now, for the majority of the time, I am an extrovert, but I still have my introvert moments. I still need my alone time to re-charge. And I'm not a HUGE party person. I'd rather go hang out with my best friends then go and party. And I love being at home and relaxing. But I also have an adventure-lust. I am dying to travel. To see the world, especially through my camera.

Which brings me to my passions: Photography and Writing. I want to try EVERYTHING in photography...portraits, weddings, children, scenery, flowers...I can skip pets. ;) My biggest dream is to have my own photography business someday. :) As for writing! Well, I started writing at 8 and haven't stopped. I love participating in NaNoWriMo, I completed a 2 year course on writing for teens/kids, and I have yet to be published. Someday I will be. Just you wait and see.

Random facts about moi:

I am the 4th oldest of 11 children. Yes, that's right. Go ahead and gawk. For the most part, I love being a big family...but I have my moments where I've wanted to run away, especially when the noise level reaches impossibly loud pitches. ;)

I work part-time at the library.

I have not gone to college, nor do I plan to at the moment. Perhaps I will someday, but for now, God is not calling me to. I have taken a 2 year course on creative writing and I am currently taking online photography courses.

I am a bit of a neat freak. I can work under messy conditions, but it pains me to do so. I am NOT OCD. :P

I love to laugh, wave at random people, make others laugh, play pranks, be sarcastic, play piano, knit, watch movies, drink coffee ( I LOVE COFFEE.), listen to different accents, and be dramatic.

I hate to drive, eat peas, embarrassing myself by walking into stuff, clothes shopping, debates, being made fun of, back-stabbing people, and messy rooms.

So, that's just a bit of an introduction of moi, but it'll have to do for now. If you want to know anything else, just comment...see the comment button? I looooooove comments. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo!!! I'm so glad that you're doing this meme!!! It looks really interesting!!! Thanks! I've learned some about you already!!! I didn't know that you hated driving!!! :( Or that you hate peas. ? I hardly see how someone COULD hate peas. Unless we're talking CANNED peas, aka, DISGUSTING MUSH. The veggie I hate most (prob.) is asparagus. Bleah. NO THANK-YOU.

    ReplyDelete