Merry Christmas and all that jazz! :)
What did I do today?? I went to see the opening of one of my most favorite musicals...probably my MOST favorite musical...turned movie.
Les Miserables.
With a big cast of big names...
Hugh Jackman
Russell Crowe
Anne Hathaway
Amanda Seyfried
Helena Bonham Carter
Samantha Barks
Eddie Redmayne
And just what did I think?
I totally LOVED Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean. He has the voice and acting...I was completely satisfied.
Samantha Barks filled my FAV female role of Eponine perfectly! So pleased!
Anne Hathaway and Amanda Seyfried were only passable, imo.
Helena Bonham Carter I could care less about her role.
Eddie Redmayne had a pretty good voice and hey he was kinda cute as Marius. ;) I always had a soft spot for him. ;)
The movie overall I rather loved. I believe it when people say it cannot compare to the stage version, but I, having never seen it on stage, enjoyed it completely.
I think my biggest disappointment was Javert.
Oh, Russell Crowe. You ruined one of my most favorite Les Miz characters.
The man has no depth to his singing. And I don't mean just emotionally (because while yes, Javert is not an emotional character...his last song "Javert's Suicide" IS supposed to be emotional!), but just voice-wise...he was totally the wrong actor for the part. He canNOT sing those songs.
So sad. :(
No. You need someone like Philip Quast to sing the part:
But overall, I enjoyed my time at the movie. And I will be listening to the soundtrack in the next few days, as well as looking forward to when it comes onto dvd to watch all over again. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment