Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

Day 3

Day 3. Earliest Childhood Memory

I was three-years-old and it was my older sister's birthday party. Mom had gotten me all dressed up and I remember the dress being flouncy. It was blue and purple and it had one of those huge bib-like collars. So fashionable was I at three. ;)

I remember seeing Mom rushing around to get things done. She stopped long enough to get herself ready and I stood in her bedroom doorway, watching her as she leaned forward towards her mirror, putting on eye  makeup. The only thought I remember having was, "I want some."

Mom, being in the hurry she was, rushed downstairs to finish getting ready.

While I don't exactly remember going to get the markers, I do remember being in the bathroom WITH a marker and climbing up onto the sink to look into the mirror. I don't remember drawing the marker on...the next thing I do remember is going downstairs, walking into the dining room, where Mom was getting things ready.

I remember she took one look at me and burst out laughing. Then she must have run to get the camera, because there is a photo of me that day, looking solemnly up at the camera, not sure whyyyy on earth Mom is laughing.


What can I say? I was a cute lil tyke.


1 comment: