Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012



I am now 23 years old.

In the past 2 years, I have changed at a fast rate. My ideals, my goals, my dreams, my beliefs. In just 6 months, I've come from: meeting someone to a break-up, learning how much I can push myself when it comes to self-discipline, conquering fears, learning to face things on my own, learning to decide what it is I want and where my talents lie and who I am as me...not as the person a guy, my family, my friends, or strangers expect me to be.


My last speech for my speech class was a motivational speech. I had to pretend it was 10 years from now, 2022, and that I had returned to my school to give a speech to the graduating class about how my life has gone and how I got to that place. In a way I was supposed to motivate them in their own lives. 


Where do I see myself in 10 years? I'm really not sure. What do I want, though? 

I want to be shooting photography. I have this strong love of photography. Nothing feels so right as a camera in my hand. It feels like home. I feel like me. Me, the person I really am. The girl who loves and hates people. Who loves to chat with friends yet needs her alone time. The girl who thinks in colors, who cries over war films, relaxes with a pair of knitting needles in her hand...the girl who automatically stands up straighter and walks confident and tall when she's most afraid. The girl who detests cold and peas. The girl who doesn't like to be touched, who enjoys strange humor, loves coffee, who feels strongly and passionately about things, is loyal to a fault...everything that makes me, me. It all defines me. Photography defines a part of me. And that is how God created me. I thank Him often for bringing me down a path, which has not always been easy, but at least brings me closer to the two things I desire most: Him and photography. 

I am thankful that He defines me, and not a guy, strangers, acquaintances, or anyone else. 

I am me. And that is good enough. 



No comments:

Post a Comment