I went to see Michael Buble in concert! The best birthday present I got this year. :D From my bestie, Joe. It was AWESOME to say the least. I had a fantastical time. And he sang my favorite song!! *sigh* I'm sure I had the stupidest sappy grin on my face during it. *sheepish*My brother took me to see "Tangled" last night as a birthday present. I thought it was adorably cute. :D Definitely one I'd love to see again sometime...I do think I can wait to see it on DVD before I watch it

again though. ;) I thought the characters were great...Eugene was cute (haha), and Rapunzel...whoo! Girl power. :D I loved the fact that in spite of her fears, she could look out for herself...rise to the occasion and take on the bad guys when she needed to. She wasn't the helpless princess who needed the "hero" to save her all the time. But they didn't make him the bumbling fool, who need her to rescue him either! They helped each other equally and were equally capable of fighting for themselves...AND for each other. Very cute.
I was surprised to find out that there was singing! I wasn't expecting that, and while yes, the songs were cheesy, I found them fun as well. It was refreshing, too, to find that the "bad guy" wasn't a witch! In fact, she was just an old woman who was controlled by her own selfishness and greed. A nice change from the witch in Snow White or the evil, witch doctor-like dude in "The Princess & the Frog"!
I've been slacking off in NaNoWriMo in favor of working on my best friend's birthday present (squee!) and *sheepish* reading. And what is it that I've been reading?
The autobiography of the actress who played Nellie Olsen in the tv series "Little House on the Prairie". It's quite funny how Melissa Sue Anderson, Melissa Gilbert, AND Alision Arngrim all came out with their autobiographies around the same time. I've already read the two Melissa's books (well, skim-read them...) and just about finished this one by Alison Arngrim. While I cannot recommend them (they all had really rough childhoods...Alison's the worst, I think...it was so horrible all that she had to go through!) because of reasons I shall not mention...I have found them to be interesting. At least the "Little House" part of their lives. I always love hearing the "behind-the-scenes" stories, so it's been interesting to read about all that went on behind the scenes on the sets of "Little House".And what have I been listening to lately? Because, we all know I'm always listening to SOMETHING...you will never find me without my beloved ipod, "Hoodie". :D
"Singin' in the Rain/Under My Umbrella"...a mash-up by Glee that I absolutely loved to pieces the first time I heard it! I'm a huge "Singin' in the Rain" fan and was wary at first when I heard they did a mash up of the song with another song...but as soon as I heard it, I fell in love. So much fun! And actually the scene from the episode is so much fun as well! With the choreography...it's just fun to watch! And it certainly must have been fun to actually film! And interesting fact: that's Gwyneth Paltrow actually singing the song! Wowee! Who knew she could sing! I mean, she's not exactly my favorite singer, but she has an alright voice! :D
I've also been listening to Cascada's "What Hurts the Most" (Yanou's Candlelight Mix)...now, I'm not saying I"m a Cascada fan...I merely listened to the song at a friend's recommendation, and I ended up really liking it! Sad, slightly depressing song...but such a pretty sound...soft and soothing. In that slightly depressing way. ;) But as for the rest of Cascada's songs...no idea what they're like, as I haven't listened to any others, other than "Every Time We Touch", which wasn't a favorite of mine. :PAnd besides "Tangled", what have I been watching? Two series, actually! Whenever my bestie,
Amy, and I just need a relaxful evening (need to unwind, etc.) we will watch an episod of "Lark Rise to Candleford" together...we're making our way through all three seasons, and are on the last episode of the first season. I am a "Lark Rise" fan, I'll admit it! I love Laura Timmons and her family...and yes, I LOVE Fisher! I love Daniel too! Yup. Strange, I know. My favorite season is season 2...uh, can anyone say: Fisher!!! But the third season was also great...the first season, while great too, is just not my fav. of all three. ;) It's dramatic, romantic, funny, sweet, touching, and a period film by BBC! What more could a gal wish for? ;) Let's just say, Ame and I really enjoy our movie nights together!
I've also been watching "The Pacific" series by HBO...ya know, the whole Tom Hanks/Steven Spielberg series..."Band of Brothers", "Saving Private Ryan", etc. Anywho, I just watched the first episode and am already hooked. I am a WWII movie enthusiast. I love WWII movies. I do. *nod* However, as much as I am enjoying the series so far, I cannot recommend the series fully...due to the extreme violence (disturbing images!!) and the language. Language is always high on the list in these series...and the violence...well, it's only a taste of what the war was really like, but it isn't for the weak-hearted to watch. I just know I'm going to cry over this series. I just know it. Well, hey, it's pretty obvious...I did cry over "Saving Private Ryan" AND "Band of Brothers"!! :P
So yup...just an update in the "entertainment" part of my life...I shall have to do a post soon, updating my work/photography/writing life. :) For now...ciao!
Very good update!!! :-)
ReplyDeleteI think you summed up Tanged quite well! :-) I liked that they both them equally smart, and able to take care of themselves, but also that they helped each other as well!! :-)
And I've been loving watching Lark Rise with you too!! I can't wait till we can watch another!! :OD I'm hooked!
Niiiice post! You wrote it so well, and laid it out so nicely. :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with you on your opinion of the Larkrise seasons. Two is the best, then maybe 3, then 1. :)
ReplyDeleteSO interesting! I had never heard of "Lark Rise to Candleford" until last month, when Brandon's mom and I and Brandon all sat down and watched the first disc of the first season. It was fantastic!! :) I like it too!
ReplyDeleteAnd I thought Tangled was super cute...and really enjoyed it! :)