What have I been watching lately? "Downton Abbey"...the "elegant DRAMA!" as one of my friends put it. (and no, I'm not behind the times...this is a re-watch :P)
Yes, it's full of drama...Matthew goes to war, comes back paralyzed, magically walks again? His fiance dies, allowing him to be free to marry Mary? *swoon*
Okay, okay, I never said it was realistic, but it is elegant! The colors are amazing! It's like synesthesia movie heaven...the costumes, the scenery of Downton...very rich, beautiful, and lovely to the eyes. In comparison, the war aspects show muted, brown colors...makes Downton seem very much like a haven.
![]() |
| pretty pretty pretty |
The characters are full of flaws...I don't believe I've ever wanted to smack so many characters in one series ever before! But, in spite, of their flaws, you can't help but love them!
Even Mary...I will admit to disliking, even hating, her in the first season. However, I warmed to her in the second season. I believe more of her good side was shown...and she is terribly elegant...gotta admire that!
Edith...I have never liked her. I sympathize with her, feel sorry for her, but I've never liked her. As a middle child, you can understand where she's coming from...a bullying older sister, to whom every man flocks to, while passing you up...and a sweet younger sister who's just plain lovable. Poor Edith...not a fan.
It's Sybil who is my favorite character of all. Adorable, sweet, spunky, a mind of her own, loves her family...plus she's so dang cute. What more do you want in a heroine? (And yes, I had a fan-girl-ish squeal when she and Branson ended up getting married!)
So yes, a very enjoyable series. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment