Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

NaBloPoMo Post #9.

I found this writer's quiz on a random blog I found...thought I'd give it a try.

Do you have a pen/pencil collection? How many of those are chewed?
I do have a ton of pens in my pen case on my desk, but most of them are dead...only a few are chewed. I used to chew on pencils all the time, but I rarely use pencils nowadays.


Do you prefer handwriting or typing?
I like both, but typing definitely goes alot faster.

How often do you get inspiration?
Um, often enough. I can find inspiration in a lot of places...


Do you get inspiration more in the early morning or late at night?

Definitely at night!


Do certain movies/books/music inspire you?

Oh, definitely!!


How do you incorporate God into your stories?

It kinda depends on the story...He can be very centered in my characters' lives...


Do you kill off your villains or make them repent?

DIE! DIE! DIE! *cough*


Are the majority of your characters magical beings, humans, halflings, or something else?

Humans. I've found "fantasy" is harder than most people think...


What genre of writing are you most comfortable in? If you were to step out of your comfort zone, what would you write?

Mysteries...definitely mysteries...perhaps a mystery set in a historical time/place...as for stepping out of my comfort zone...eh, that'd probably be like sci-fi. I wouldn't know WHAT to write. lol.


Do you work better alone or with someone else?

I haven't written much with other people, but I do work better alone...but I like either way.


Are your characters mostly Renegades, Peacekeepers or a mish-mash?

Mostly mish-mash.


Are you a sucker for good grammar?

I CAN be picky, but not usually when I'm writing...too busy writing stuff as quickly as I can to bother with good grammar. ;)


How is your handwriting?

Depends on the day...somtimes it's big and slanted, sometimes it's small and round, or it's both. lol. It's usually a mix of italic and print.


How evil are your villains?

Some can be pretty evil...murder, witchcraft, ruthless...yup yup.

Are you long-winded or succinct?
Um, I can be both...I guess? lol.

Do you have typical writer traits such as ink stains on your fingers or a pencil behind your ear?
Um...dark circles under my eyes, sometimes ink stains...a blister on my fourth finger from where the pen rubs against it...it always comes back when I write.

Would someone walking past you on the street consider you normal?
I guess...it's not like I get alot of people staring at me when I walk down the street. ;)


Do you write mostly poetry, stories, novels or a mixture?

Stories and novels mostly, though I've tried my hand at poetry.

Do your characters vary in accents, appearance and attitude or are they mostly the same?
I can see some similarities in like personalities...even if they aren't completely the same, I think they've all got a bit of the Sam flavor. ;) I admit it...I'm a sucker for the tall, dark, and handsome hero who has a quick temper and sense of humor! :P


Do real people and/or places inspire your writing?

Absolutely!


What is your favorite character? Or do you choose to remain unbiased in case of a revolt?

Mark Ingleford...no question about it. He is THE BEST. So great that I'M in love with him. ;)


Do you talk to your characters? Do they talk back?

Of course...all the time. Mostly in my head, but I have talked to them out loud before (when no one else is around. lol.) They talk back by however they're written in my book.


Are you more comfortable with female or male main characters?

I've felt comfortable doing both...tho I do tend to go for girls most of the time.


Do you follow basic plot lines with new twists thrown in or do you depart from the norm all the time?
Well, with my mysteries, I like to feel like an old time mystery...and yet, I like to throw in twists that people don't expect...I don't always accomplish that, but I like to try.


Do you feel God has called you to be a writer/poet? Will you grasp the power of the pen?

Absolutely!

No comments:

Post a Comment