Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

NaBloPoMo Post #1.

Here it is. The first post of this month's NaBloPoMo challenge. Let's start shall we?



First off...I'm sick. Way to start a new month, eh? Especially when it's spring. Hmph. Sore throats are pure torture, just so you know...don't get one, got it? 'K, good.

So. In other news...right now I'm reading a fabulously fun book!

Georgette Heyer's known for her romance books, but what I mostly love her for are her mysteries! So much fun, filled with humor, adventure, and...what else? Mystery! Squee! :D Oh, yes, and some of them do have a bit of romance, so you get the whole package! This one is particularly interesting! Peter, Margaret, and Celia inherited a house from their uncle after his death, and they fall in love with it at once. They move in for a vacation, along with Celia's husband, Charles, and their aunt. Word in the village, however, is that the house is haunted and all too soon, the small group begins to hear the most horrifying noises in the night! Screams, footsteps, knocks...but it only gets worse when they actually spot the supposed ghost: The Monk!
Is it really a ghost? If not, who is trying to get them to leave?? I'm kept guessing to find out who it is! :D

And what is it that I'm watching? Well...check it out:

Big fan of Robin Hood here! And I can never quite make up my mind as to whether I prefer the 2nd or 1st season of the series done by BBC. Both are equally exciting, funny, adventurous, and entertaining! My favorite episode in all, however, would have to be Episode 7 from season 2...(no spoilers, sorry. You wanna know which one it is, you'll have to watch it for yourself!)
In season 2, Sir Guy, still angry at Marian for "jilting" him at the altar, is taking his revenge on her by having her and her father placed under arrest in the castle. Marian struggles with being watched so closely, while trying still to help Robin as much as she can. Robin is kept on the run with the Sheriff constantly on his heels with all his evil plots. In spite of the many near-death experiences (yeah, okay, I didn't say this show was REALISTIC! :P), Robin and his merry band still work together to stop the Sheriff and his schemes to take over England and eventually kill King Richard. This season is filled with: adventure! humor! romance! action! What more could you want?? Oh, a cute hero and beautiful heroine are definitely a big plus! ;)

Enough rambling for one post...if you've suffered through this post, kudos to you!

1 comment:

  1. Lol. You're so cute!
    I so want to try reading a book by Georgette Heyer now!
    I love your comments on Robin Hood. :D Especially the bit about them not being realistic. *snickers*

    ReplyDelete