Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

NaBloPoMo Post #22.

I stole this idea from another blog...

I dare you to write a description of yourself. A description like you'd describe a character in a book. Put them in the comments, and let's see what we get!

She was really twenty. Really. Her face, however, told a different story. It was young-looking with a crooked cat-like smile and small eyes set behind a pair of thin-rimmed glasses. No, she didn't look a day over sixteen...some days not even fourteen or fifteen. It was a curse. And a blessing.

Her hair, that was always mistaken for black instead of the brown it was, looped, curled, and bounced just above her shoulders. Instead of letting it hang naturally, however, she straightened it in attempt to keep it tamed. Her bangs naturally fell in her eyes, so that she was constantly lifting a hand to brush them out.

She wore faded jeans and a purple, blue, and white striped polo...her favorite comfy outfit. She didn't have a natural sense of fashion...she preferred comfort above all else, but she envied her friends who did have that said natural fashion sense. Her feet were bare as she hated the feeling of shoes. There was chipped blue nail polish on both her toes and fingers...a sign that she was too busy (or too lazy) to take care of them properly. The only sign of jewelery about her was the claddagh ring, worn on the right hand with the crown facing in...broadcasting to the world that she was single...and the purple wrist-watch that rarely left her wrist.

She had a way of smiling over any random thought that popped into her head, when she thought no one was looking. Her eyes squinted up, making them even smaller when she smiled, which was often, as she loved to laugh.

She wouldn't be called the bubbly type, though she sometimes could be mistaken for it if you didn't see her in person. Her voice was low and her tone rather sarcastic. She had a "depressed voice". She sighed often, but not for any particular reason. She had the unmistakable Northern accent, growling out her "R's" instead of drawling them.

She was a bit similar to how many Northerners are portrayed: withdrawn. But those closest to her, knew her for who she really was...a talker...outgoing, a jokester...someone who loved to laugh, someone who loved to be herself...who didn't mind being different from other girls...who didn't fight being different, but instead, embraced it.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, that was cool! :) Good job!
    I probably wouldn't agree with every detail, like, I never thought of you as a "depressed type"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool! I don't think I would be able to do that about myself. Hee. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm not saying I'm depressed...just that I have a depressed-sounding voice. At least, that's what I've been told by internet friends, who hear my voice for the first time...they say they expected a more bubbly voice and instead hear a somewhat toned down, low voice. *shrugs*

    ReplyDelete