Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

INFJ Part 4

INFJs continued...



Why I am a Judger...


  • I like to have things settled. Oh, gosh, yes. I hate not having a plan...I hate not knowing what to do, what to say, where to go, and how to do something BEFORE I have to do, go to, or say it. It makes me highly uncomfortable. In fact, I often act out scenarios in my head in order to prepare myself. Imagining how someone will respond and vice versa. 
  • I take responsibilities seriously. Very seriously. If I have a job to get done, I am going to work HARD at it to get it done perfectly. Deadlines are not guidelines persay, they ARE THE RULE. I do not take responsibility lightly. I have a deathly fear of failure. 
  • I pay attention to time and am usually prompt. Very much so. If I have an appointment, no way in hell am I not constantly looking at the time to make sure I don't have to leave yet. And I usually make a point of leaving somewhat early in order to arrive about 10 minutes ahead of time. Just in case...traffic's bad, or someone can take me in early...I like having 10 minutes of extra time, just in case. 
  • I prefer to finish projects. Yes, indeed. I hate half-finished things. It makes me very antsy. I have notebooks of started novels that I'm still saving to finish one day. The idea of just giving up on them entirely ruffles my feathers. Even if they are crappy. This is not to say I haven't entirely given up on something, I have. It's just harder for me to. It's hard for me to let go completely. I am loyal, consistent, and stubborn. Finished things make me feel satisfied and complete. That's why I get so upset if something doesn't end well. 
  • I tend to work first, play later. YES. I do not understand the people who "eat dessert first" or go out then spend their evening cramming their homework and studying in. It would nag at my mind to know I have unfinished work...and this would cause me to be unable to enjoy my "play". Work and responsibilities first...get them done efficiently and well and I can "play" quite contentedly. This is one reason I hate having assignments that you can't actually work on til a certain time or day. It's like, "I have free time NOW and I wanna get the work done!!" 
  • I see the need for closure. Just as I like having finished projects, I have this strong need for closure. And it is hard for me to accept things without closure. It was hard for me to accept my friend's death, friendships and relationships that end crappily. I need a good, peaceful closure in order to feel "right". If I don't get a good sense of closure, I spend a lot of time feeling guilty and regretting things and just plain miserable. 
  • I see the need for most rules. Haha, I am a rule follower. I like rules. I like guidelines. It helps in getting things done RIGHT and WELL. I have to be careful, though, not to become too legalistic when it comes to rules. Some rules aren't good and I try to realize that. 
  • I like to make and stick to plans. I don't know how many times I will say this. :P I LOVE plans. I like the knowing what will happen. I am not very spontaneous. *sheepish* I like consistency and order. I wish sometimes that I didn't. I'd like to be able to loosen up and just go with the flow sometimes. I think my fiction writing is my release in this way. When it comes to essays and blogposts, I try to follow a structured form. (Bullet points anyone? :P) But when it comes to novels, I just write what NEEDS to be written. It comes out as it comes out...often that's messily. 
  • I find comfort in schedules. How else will you know if you have enough time each day for everything you have to do? 
Many people view the J letter in a negative light...they see "Judger" or "Judging" and think it means that a person is very judgmental or negative about others. This is not true. In this case, it simply means we make decided judgments/decisions in life and follow through with them. We make plans, we prefer structure and schedules. This has nothing to do with other people, merely how an individual's mind works. 

Next time...Conclusion. 



1 comment:

  1. I am SUCH a judger!! Nice explanations, Sam!

    ReplyDelete