Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Revolutionaries

Many have traveled this road before
I see their tracks in the dirt
But maybe I don’t agree
With where they are leading
And who am I, just a youth
But why has that become the excuse
A monotone voice
In my head saying

They shake their heads
As they drive away in the bandwagon
Didn’t feel like hitching a ride
Oh, but I’ll be fine
Some nights it’s hard to be alone
I want some kind of kinship
But the finish line
It drives me on
When they say.

Dreaming all the time
It’s so foolish
Your flood of empty words
Will drown you in ruin
So we listen
Should we listen

Come with me
They’ll call us revolutionaries
Come with me
They’ll call us revolutionaries
Revolutionaries
Revolutionaries

Dreaming all the time
It’s not foolish
Your flood of life giving words
They will refresh, they will refresh

Dreaming all the time
It’s not foolish
Your flood of life giving words
They will refresh
Should we listen
Revolutionaries.
- Bethany Dillon

Maybe. Just MAYBE I don't want to join your bandwagon. I've got a streak of the revolutionary in me that refuses to blend in with the crowd. Your mockery, your teasing, your abuse...none of it is going to sway me from changing who I am, what I believe, or what I stand for. There is nothing wrong with the way I dress, the way I think, the way I live, the way I LOVE Him. I may be tired of all the poking fun at me...but ya know what? Bring it on. So what, I'm not an average girl? Nothing wrong in that. And if you're making fun of me, do you know what that means? It just means, you NOTICED. And ya know what? I've got someone very powerful who's got my back. Someone stronger than all of you put together, who will back me up on being different. So yeah, go ahead...bring on your worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment