Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Curiosities and Work

Reading Owl City dude's blog, his post on curiosities in the house...I had something similar, growing up...the back wall of the house has this "rain"? stain that, I swear, looked just like the head of an indian. Pretty interesting. I'd take a picture of it, but since my childhood, the stain has grown and no longer looks like an indian. Ah well.

So. Since we had the carpet laid down in the children's room, we set up the bookshelves a bit differently from the way we had it before, that way we could fit in two? three? whole extra shelves to expand. We were getting horribly cramped...especially in the "C's" and "S's" and "W's"...so we expanded. And that means that we had to rearrange a bit, moving the books down farther along. Now the "L's" are where the "G's" were, and the "M's" where the "J's" were...very confusing. There I am, blissfully deep in my own thoughts, arriving at work, ready to get down to business. I arm myself with a stack full of books and head over to the bookshelves...not even a quick thought pops into my head about how the bookshelves have changed...I've been shelving these books for the past 4 years...it's now more a thing of habit than anything else. I can quite easily shelve without any conscious thought about what I'm doing. Not so anymore! I shove a book onto a shelf and start to walk away, whereupon I suddenly stop in my tracks. Whoops. An "F" book does not belong on the "J" shelf. Drat.
No worries...I shall get used to it, I shall!

4 comments:

  1. This was a cute little post! :)
    Your perception of the "Indian head" stain is, well, cute, and I understand what you mean. ;)
    Ooh man, bummer! I hope it's not too annoying trying to get used to the new arrangement with the childrens' books...

    ReplyDelete
  2. On our old kitchen table (*sniffles* I was so hoping we'd keep it so I could have it someday, but it got replaced) there was a spot where the wood grain made a really funky shape that I could never decide what it resembled. I would trace it with my finger every time I looked at it. <3
    Wow! I can't imagine all the work you guys have done reorganizing the Children's Room! Sounds like fun, but labor-intensive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should take a picture of it.. maybe it'll look like a midget.

    ReplyDelete