Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

2011? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

"So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight. Yes we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please Him." 2 Corinthians 5:6-9

Just thought I'd share that passage that really stuck out to me when I was going through Corinthians in my daily devotions...I've moved on now to other books, but I was flipping through the pages in my Bible, stopping now and then to read what I had underlined, and that was one of the passages. It just really stuck out to me again, because I really fail when it comes to making it my aim to please God. Sure, it's pretty darn easy to make it my aim to please ME and generally that's what I do! And at other times, I make it my aim to please other people...be the sort of person other people want me to be, and generally I fail at that. Because my impersonating the person other people want me to be is all a lie...it's not who I am. Thus a fail. And it's a fail that I should just move on from, because I don't want to be who the world wants me to be! Anywho, rambling here...
I want it to be my complete and number one aim to please HIM and HIM only.


On a completely different note...Happy New Year, peeps! Thanks to those and any of you who follow this blog! I had my one year anniversary last month. w00t!
And just how did this gal celebrate New Year's? Heh. Not going out for a drink, even in spite of my 21 years, I can assure you of that! :P I didn't even throw confetti or toot a horn or clang pots together or shoot off fireworks. Yeah, I'm so epicly boring. :P
Instead...on New Year's Eve, I did Bible Study with my bestest friend (which was amazing to say the least...I came away from it GREATLY encouraged. Our serious talks have a tendency to do that, and I love how we can share anything and everything with each other and just discuss it. You're the best, HannahBeth. :D) Afterward, we had a group chat with Ducky (yay!)...and I spent the rest of the evening...up til 12:30ish...chatting with Ducky and Ben. Yup, funness.

On New Year's, we had friends over for church, then after sunset my bro's and my friend, Joy, came over to spend the night. We sat around, watching an episode of "Sue Thomas: FBEye" with the kiddos, before they went to bed. Then we "big kids" watched "Despicable Me" with da parents. Then the parents went to bed, and my sis, Joy, and I stayed up late to watch "Step Up". Afterward, when Krista went to bed, Joy and I got into our "jammies", put up glow-in-the-dark stars, and proceeded to talk until we were too tired to talk anymore...which was about 4:15. ;)

So yeah, I had a great and fun New Year's! What did you do for New Year's?

-Other news "on the front"...the children's room is finally getting put back together. My job will be reorganizing everything today!
-I am doing Project 365 again this year. Done it once before...2 years ago. I skipped last year to take a break. But figured I'd try again this year. I don't have high hopes in my actually accomplishing it, since this is going to be a majorly busy year for me, but I'll do the best I can. Want to follow my attempt? My photography blog is: samanthalaurenphotography.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. All I can say is that there are several very nice and happy things in this post, and happy things are very good to have. :)

    Yikes. That sounds cheesy. o_O

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs* I love that you're posting on this blog more! Your posts are so awesome...I love you my Anne! <3

    ReplyDelete