Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Genuine

A cup of peach tea and devotional time. *siiiiiiiiiiigh* :)

Again, after my daily reading (at the moment I'm in Joshua), I was flipping through the NT and stopped in Romans, because I LOVE Romans. :D And my eye caught the verse, "Let love be genuine..." Romans 12:9
I never really thought about making my love genuine...but if I really think about, I don't always love genuinely.
With God, my love is like off/on. On the good days, I love Him, but on the off days I'm inwardly screaming at Him and yes, even some days, I feel like shrieking, "I hate you." to be perfectly honest with myself. That sure isn't genuine love. So today it's my aim to love with a genuine love.



Oh, and on a side note...peach tea tastes like summer. <3

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I just read that verse last week! :D I've been thinking about it a lot since then...it's so easy to slip into a rut of fakeness, with both people and God. And fake is so shallow, and worthless-both things I don't want to be!! Things we're called to NOT be as Christians! Thank you for this reminder Sam! :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I <3 Peach Tea. It makes me think of Amy. ;)

    ReplyDelete