Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

In which Sam is fooled...

Last night, my sister gets home from work, and rushes upstairs with a whole pack of kiddies trailing behind her...just to see me in my room.

Okay. Yeaaaah. A bit odd that she's rushing into my room.

"Look what I got!" she says, with a huge grin on her face. The kiddies are all giggling and grinning like hyenas.
But poor me has just been interrupted from listening to a podcast while knitting. My thoughts are still centered on NarniaWeb's opinions on the latest Narnia film!

My sister holds out a glass jar with a lid screwed on top. It's an empty jar. Ooookay.
She then bangs the top of the jar and a butterfly flutters franticly away from the top of the jar, beating it's wings on the sides.

"What?? Don't BANG it!" I say, sitting right up to get a better look. "Where did you get that?? You bought that??"
"Yes," my sis grins even more. She bangs on the jar even more.
"Stop! You're going to HURT it!" I protest.
At which, everyone...my sis and all the kiddies...break into hysterical laughter.

Greaaaaaaaat. I've been had.

"It's fake! Look!" My sis points out the wire inside the jar that the butterfly is attached to.

Yup. I admit it. I was fooled. It's a pretty cool trick!

~
More random points I feel like making:

- It is snowing.
- Back to work after a long weekend.
- My sweater is NOT done. Meh.
- I totally *heart* "Sense & Sensibility". I can never decide between S&S or Emma for my favorite Jane Austen! You'd think it'd be simple, but it's not! :P
- Hippos are so misunderstood. Just to be perfectly random. And elephants are NOT better than them. *nod*

5 comments:

  1. Oh C'MON! I've NEVER heard you rave about S&S, and I'm ALWAYS hearing stuff about Emma!!! (btw, WHICH S&S are you talking about...? I forget which set of people you belong to...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA!! Elephants RULE THE WORLD. Hippos are killers! would one of them let you ride him?? or kiss you with his trunk? I think not!

    Lol, where would you even get a live butterfly in the middle of winter??

    Oooooh...Sense and Sensibility the movie the newer one by BBC is probably my fave Jane Austen film ever! AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Wow...I totally didn't see the end of that prank coming. O_O Where on earth did she get that?!?!

    I <3 hippos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe! Sam! I saw the pictures of the butterfly on her LJ and I was like O_O Where'd she get it??? :-P

    AS to Hippo's and Elephants, I'd have to agree with Livs about the Elephants! :-P Although Hippos are pretty cool as well! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wha?? Elephants are WAAAAY cuter than hippos!! :P Hippo shmippo!

    ReplyDelete