A first...hm...which first though? lol. My first piano lesson? My first time driving? My first time knitting? My first time writing? My first time using Booth? My first time reading? There are too many firsts to choose from!
How about my first time driving? Should be amusing enough. I was...17? My sister drove me out to Walmart one summer night, so that I could practice in the nearly empty back parking lot. We switched seats, and she made sure I knew where everything was.
"Okay, go ahead." she said.
I stepped on the gas. Whoa. It REALLY makes you go if you REALLY step on it. Whoops.
I step on the brake and immediately lift my foot back up.
Whoops!
Finally I got more and more the hang of actually driving and braking...I won't say smoothly, because it was waaaaaay off from being anywhere near smooth. :P
After a bit, Krista had me drive down towards the front of the lot, where cars were still parked and people were walking in and out of WallyWorld. I went up and down the lot, only nearly hit one guy. And enduring the smiles from a Walmart employee who was taking a break outside, watching me...she obviously could tell I was new at it. :P I only nearly hit a few cars, and ran over one curb.
All in all, I think I did alright. lol. Okay, so I stank, but it WAS my first time ever behind the wheel. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment