Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day #2 of a Meme

Day 02 → Your favourite movie

Again, another hard question...I have so many favorites I don't think I COULD pick one. Hmm...I REALLY like "Saints & Soldiers" (*cries eyes out*) and the new BBC "Emma" *grin*.

I'm a sucker for WWII movies...seriously. (And it appears I have a "thing" for medics too! *wink*) I love em! I really do! They fascinate me! They're the movies that actually make me bawl my eyes out (I'm not a movie-bawling person...I'm not even really a movie-crying person!). "Saving Private Ryan", "Band of Brothers", "Flags of Our Fathers", "Life is Beautiful", "Saints & Soldiers"...and soon, I shall be watching "Letters from Iwo Jima" for the first time. :D

Now, about "Emma"...well, "Emma" is my favorite Jane Austen! I wouldn't say favorite book...because I don't think it's my favorite book. When it comes to the books I love "Sense & Sensibility", "Persuasion", AND "Emma" all too much to choose between those three. Movie-wise, I definitely like "Emma" the best. But, of course, like any other story that's been made soooooooo many times into a movie, they haven't QUITE gotten it perfect. Now, if they had Jeremy Northam in the latest version, it'd be perfect. Yes, yes, I know he'd be too old, but still....Jeremy Northam's version of Mr. Knightley was SOOOO much better than Mark Strong's OR Jonny Lee Miller's. Jonny Lee Miller wasn't that bad, just lacking in the most important scenes. Like the scolding scene for example. *sigh* Ah, well. Romola Garai makes up for it. ;)

So yes, WWII movies and "Emma" are my favorites right now. :D

3 comments:

  1. What about "To End All Wars"?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you like "Flags of our Fathers"?? You mentioned it, but you never posted an IN-DEPTH post, like on LJ about it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's right! "To End All Wars"...I liked that one too! Was there a medic in it? It's been so long since I saw that one!

    I've been meaning to do a post on LJ about "Flags of Our Fathers"...I don't want to go in depth in a comment, so I'll just make sure I do a post soon!

    ReplyDelete