Day 04 → Your favourite book
Yet another unfair question...let's see, what's my favorite book at the MOMENT. Hm...
I'm going to have to say "Nightbirds on Nantucket" at the moment. I'm not saying it's my favorite book ever...there are a TON of books I like better than it at the moment...but I was flipping through it yesterday afternoon and just remembering why I love that book so much! Yes, it's where I got the name for my blog...it's a quirky, funny story that is so unrealistic, it's believable. lol. It's part of a series, but it was the first book from the series that I had read, and when I had first read it, I didn't realize it was a series. So I *guess* you could say it stands on it's own...I had no trouble reading it, assuming it was a stand-alone. But, I mean, if you want to find out how and why Dido Twite was found in the ocean, then you'll have to read the previous books. :) Anywho, Dido Twite is a young girl who is found floating in the ocean, by a whaling ship. She is in a deep sleep and sleeps on for a looong time (so, yeah, can't remember how it was :P). When she does wake up, the Captain requests her help with his daughter. After her mother died, she locked herself inside his cabin and refused to come out. Dido's task is to befriend the shy Pen. While befriending her, Dido stumbles on a stowaway and a mystery that surrounds the first mate. The mystery follows them back to Nantucket, where things just go from bad to worse. Anywho, just read it. :D It's funny, it's quirky, it's charming. :) And! It has a pink whale. Lol. This is a horrid book review, but it's all I could come up with in two minutes!! So, yes, it's a children's book that I completely love to pieces. Literally. My first paperback copy is starting to shred. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment