Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012



Confessions. Secret pleasures. Embarrassing facts about yourself. What are things that you secretly like, something you're reluctant to share with people? What are some tastes that have now changed? Something you used to loathe and were very vocal about hating it, and now you actually secretly like it, maybe even love it! *gasp* The horror!

Throughout my life, I've come across things that I like that I've been embarrassed to admit that I actually like. Or even things that I used to hate that I'm now finding I actually kinda like. Today I'm going to "unburden" myself and just ADMIT it.

I like the color pink. I don't LOVE it but I don't HATE it like I used to. I actually enjoy certain shades. I own a lot more pink clothing, currently have my toe nails painted pink and pink eye shadow on my eyes.

I enjoy clothes shopping. To an extent. I like the finding new clothes to wear. And I love pretty clothes. It's just the shopping part I don't particularly enjoy. But it must be borne if I'm to get pretty clothes.

I like some of Taylor Swift's songs. Okay, just shoot me now. But here I am, admitting it. "Enchanted" is my favorite of her's. But "Ours" and "Eyes Wide Open" are pretty great too.

I now like peanut butter with chocolate. I'm not crazy about it and it's certainly not my favorite candy, but I can actually enjoy it to an extent now. (Too much and I feel sick)

I like One Direction's "What Makes You Beautiful". Omg. Cheesy much? *sigh*


I *adore* the new "Jane Eyre" movie (and its soundtrack), as well as the Broadway musical. We'll see if my opinion on the book changes after I read it again.

I do not like "Pride & Prejudice" that much. There I said it. I just don't! Bring on the hate. :P In my opinion, "Sense & Sensibility", "Persuasion", and definitely "Emma" are so much better.


It doesn't matter that I am cheesy, lame, dorky, or completely crazy for my weird likes and dislikes. It's what makes me: ME. And there's nothin wrong with that. So no, I'm not gonna apologize for any of it. If it makes me part of the lame fan-girl crowd, or just the oddball out, it still doesn't matter. :)

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate and peanut butter are the most amazing thing ever. Even on waffles. Have you tried the peanut butter Snickers? And I'm a fan of anything with peanut butter in it. Except peanut butter Twix. The combo in that just isn't right somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried the peanut butter Snickers! I'm going to have to now! I still don't like Butterfingers, though...

    ReplyDelete