I haven't really sat down and written a good post on this blog in a while, have I? Let me try to remedy that.
This morning, after I was dressed and ready for work, I stood in the kitchen for a second, wondering, "Something's different. What's different?" Then it hit me.
"Well, hello there! And how have you been, Mr. Sunshine??"
It's cold out there, but the sun is shining! Maybe it'll melt away all that ice on the sidewalks! I'm thinking spring thoughts here.
Today's March 1st. And the sun is shining...does that mean that March is gonna go out like a lion? Darn.
So much has happened in my life lately! My brother is married! I have a new sister! My second oldest bro was married to the amazing Caitlin this past weekend...and their wedding was absolutely beautiful!
Highlights of the wedding:
~ Watching them say their vows
~ Dancing (something outside of my comfort zone!) with my brother
~ Watching/listening to my bro sing to his new wife
~ Laughing so hard
I currently have an ENORMOUS stack of books to read. And do I have the time to read em? Not really. haha. I'm actually currently reading the diary/letters of Hannah Senesh, which is completely fascinating! Up next to read are:
~ The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
~ Theodosia and the Eyes of Horus by R.L. LaFevers
~ The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
~ The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
~ And about three books on 9/11 (though, I'm putting those on hold...not sure I could handle that topic right now)
What about writing? Writing used to be a major part of my life...lately it's kind of taken the back burner, as I seem to have less time for it. Doesn't mean my love for it has diminished...quite the contrary! Characters and plots and ideas still pop into my head all the time...the most current one being a story about three (or four) sisters in a small town set in the U.S. during WWII. Course it's a mystery! Do you even have to ask? But don't expect to see anything of it in the near future. I'm not allowing myself to start any new story until I have at least one of my two Mark & Karrie current novels finished. The first and last books need to be edited. Meh. I hate editing. :P And I suppose I really should finish my Elnora/Simon mystery...
But yeah...all the writing I've managed to get done lately is on the sistertosister blog (sistertosister.wordpress.com) and in my journal. My journal is quickly becoming my closest friend. Just a random bit there for ya. ;) The pages are filling quickly!
Aaaaaaand, I'm running out of time here. My to-do list is starting to speak to me in rather creepy tones...think a cross-over of Gru and Darth Vader. Really just Darth Vader with an accent. Yup. "Saaaaam...."
Ciao, peeps!
The sun is shining here again, too!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your brother and his new wife; how exciting!
I've never danced at a wedding before; sounds like something out of my comfort zone too.
I have a huge stack to read as well... and I'm so far behind on my book reviews etc...
Writing used to be a major part of my life too but sad to say I haven't updated my journal since end of January =/
What's in your stack "to-read"? I really should do reviews on everything I read, but I'm far too lazy. ;)
ReplyDelete