7. Do you listen to music while you write? What kind? Are there any songs you like to relate/apply to your characters?
ALL the time. Literally. I find it very hard to write without listening to music. Music inspires me and gets me in the writing mood...it SETS the mood of the scenes! All kinds of music too! Rock, soundtrack, instrumental, classical, hip hop, rap, bluegrass, etc. etc. (All but country! :P) I literally create soundtracks for each story I write...it really does help. I'll come up with 18-19 tracks that seem to fit my story, and that's the playlist I'll listen to while writing. :D I find it's usually mostly soundtracks and instrumentals that I'll listen to, but I do find some songs to be great inspiration. Listening to Skillet REALLY helped me while working on my NaNoWriMo story...even if the songs didn't really fit the story...it was more that they're so loud...they really got me going. ;)
And absolutely! There are many songs that relate/apply to my characters. I cannot listen to Meredith Andrews' "You're Not Alone" without thinking of Arabella Knightley! Or to "Nuvole Bianche" without thinking of Mark & Karrie! And most recent of all would be "For Those Who Wait" by Fireflight that I now link to my latest creation: Teagan Harper. And of course, that's where I got the inspiration and title from for her book: "Those Who Wait". Heh. :D And I'm already planning a sequel based on another song...but I shan't give those details away. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment