Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013


You don't realize how painful following a dream can be til you meet the sacrifices you'll have to make. Then you doubt if its all worth it after all. I keep asking myself, is photography and God enough for me even if it means never getting married? And I won't lie, the thought makes me blue.


But what would be worse, in the long run? Doing what I love or sitting around doing what I hate, while waiting for a guy to come?



I'm done waiting and settling. I wasn't born to just settle for less. I was born to do the best I could do. Wasting my talents not only disrespects the very person I am, but it also disrespects the God that made me. And this time, I choose to respect myself, to respect my God. Here I go, world, come what may...even if it means 2 or 4 or even 6 more years of school, giving up my time and my other desires; even if it means remaining single til I'm middle-aged or never marrying at all. I am not settling for less. There is something greater in this world than meeting a guy. Being the person God created me to be, doing what I'm supposed to be doing....instead of sitting around, I want to "...bare the naked truth", "illuminate the past", and best of all, "record beauty and ugliness, poverty and grandeur."

5 comments:

  1. Such a good blog post - and inspiring!! :D Proud of yooooou! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, doll. It means a lot that you're supporting me every step of the way in this pursuit. It's worse to take any journey alone, but I feel so much better about it all knowin you're rooting for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww you know I am!!! And always will be!!! <3 Love you!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sam, this is a wonderful post. You are doing exactly what God wants for you right now and you're willing to keep doing that even if it means giving up some of your own desires. (Not that you can't get married if you keep going to school, but you know what I mean. ;) ) Keep running the race!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GirlFRIEND. I am so excited for you! I'm so proud of how you keep focusing on God, and really think through the steps you're taking! <3 You inspire me to keep pressing on, and remember what is most important. I love you sooooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete