
I just got back from seeing "The Vow" with my mom and a friend. I can't say I'm a fan (seriously, what was with her HAIR?) But there were some sweet parts. Leo's love was sweet and faithful, which was admirable, in spite of Paige's reluctance to even give their life a chance, at first. (What the heck, girl...seriously??)
But the best part of the movie was when Paige's mother, speaking of her husband's affair, explained to Paige why she remained with her husband. It was because they were a family...and because "I chose to forgive him. I chose not to remember the one thing he did wrong, but all the things he did right."
When do we ever see that kind of attitude in movies these days? It was a pleasant surprise, I thought. To show that kind of forgiveness in such a movie? Best part, in my opinion.
Note: This post is not a movie recommendation...merely a post expressing pleasure and surprise at a quote from said movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment