I am dreaming of spring, and for some reason when I think of spring, I think of "Bright Star". I know I'm in the minority of my friends who actually loves this film. I've heard it called: dark, depressing, sad, pathetic, pointless, a waste of time, boring...but that is not how I see it at all.
I remember the very first time I saw it, I was left breathless, intrigued, teary-eyed, and inspired. This movie is anything but boring, in my oh so humble opinion.
It is magical. The way it's filmed, the silence, odd soundtrack...it is poetic, colorful, dynamic, imaginative...it is memorable.
It is romantic, touching, heartbreaking...it is breathtaking...
Sam, I LOVE Bright Star! I know people complain about how bratty she was, but the movie is just so beautiful and heart-rending, and helped me appreciate Keats' works in a way that I never would have otherwise. Sigh. Now I want to watch it again.
ReplyDeleteI've never seen it. Now you're making me wonder...
ReplyDelete