Here I am...soundly admonished for letting a whole month go by without a post. ;) lol.
Poor neglected blog! *sigh*
What have I been doing?
Well...I'm currently reading one of the most wonderful books ever..."Laddie" by Gene Stratton Porter. Full of sweetness, and rioting comedy! Seriously!
She said if the child really had talent, she should be about developing it, and while there would be many who would have far finer things than Shelley, still she meant her to have enough that she wouldn't be the worst looking one, and so ashamed she couldn't keep her mind on her work. Father said, with her face it didn't make any difference what she wore, and mother said that was just like a man; it made all the difference int he world what a girl wore. Father said maybe it did to the girl, and other women; what he meant was that it made none to a man. Mother said the chief aim and end of a girl's life was not wrapped up in a man.
So so so true! ;)
And I have been writing...
“I'm Karrie,” Karrie held out her hand.
“Nice to meet you, Karrie” the young woman shook it.
“It's Bertha, isn't it?” Karrie suddenly blurted out.
“What?” the young woman looked confused.
“Your name. It's Bertha, isn't it?”
“What makes you think that?!” the young woman asked, half-amused.
“Because you obviously don't want to tell me your name...so it must be dreadful. And I can't think of any thing more dreadful than Bertha. Actually, Annabelle...that's the most stuck up name I've ever heard. It's not Annabelle is it?” Karrie asked.
The young woman laughed, “And what would you say if I said 'yes'?”
“I'd die of mortification.” Karrie grinned.
Yup. :)
Yay! A post!
ReplyDeleteYou are now getting me interested in "Laddie". I can't decide whether that is a good thing or not. :P
I know that quote! It's from a book that my friend wrote called "Switched". :D