Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2015

What is life like...

My friend Alex recently asked me what life is like for me lately.

Well...

You asked for it...

I am currently still attending school full-time, as an education major. I am taking 3 online classes, and 1 on-campus class. I find that I appreciate the flexibility of online classes much more than I do the on-campus classes. Hey, if I don't have to drive the 40min-one-way commute every day, I'm a happy camper. And so is my bank account, cuz gas prices, man. They're not fun.
However, I do not appreciate the extra loads of work that online professors give, nor the way some of them barely interact with the students. It's not encouraging, and I feel like I'm teaching myself all over again. Also, people, math? It sucks. But that's nothing new. As part of my education class, I am required to work 15 hours of pre-practicum. I have been completing my hours at the local YMCA preschool, which I am loving. Having worked with the teachers before, I feel right at home, and the kiddos are hilarious and loving and totally adorable. Preschool is an age I definitely love working with. They are easily excited, love you completely, and listen (mostly) when you speak. It's great fun working with them.

I am also currently still working part-time at my local library. I run the LEGO club, which can or cannot be fun, depending on the crowd. On the bright side, I get to play with kiddos and LEGOs. Can't complain too much about that!

Between the two, I am left with not much time for anything else. I rise, go to school/do school, go to work, come home, do homework, sleep, and repeat.

However, I have also implemented a more structured work-out routine into my life. After two months of Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 (Yes, I did the 4 weeks twice), I have since moved on to Jillian Michaels' 6 Week 6 Pack, in an attempt to strengthen my core. I have since signed up to run a Color Run with my sister, so I will begin the attempt of running again in a couple weeks, should my health and weather allow it. (Head colds are the worst, guys).

In my limited spare time, I have been trying to participate in Read 52 again this year. If you are new to Read 52, it is a reading goal of 52 books in one year: one book per week. I am slightly behind, as I have only finished 9 books. But that only makes 2 to catch up, and I'm not too worried about it. It's fun, and has been mostly children's fiction. I am currently re-reading (aka, listening to on audio on the commute to school twice a week) John Stephen's "The Fire Chronicle".
I have also gotten hooked on the early 2000s tv series of Everwood, and have been working through a list of recommendations from the boyfriend.

If this is news to you, then let me publicly proclaim it: I have a boyfriend, a wonderful man that I refer to as "my man" or "the man". We are currently dating long-distance, as he lives in KY, but we make do with visits every couple months or so. We are doing very well, and I am completely head over heels for him. I spent my spring break with him, eating, cooking (aka, watching him cook and test-tasting everything), hiking, watching movies, cuddling, video gaming, and wonderful talking.

Thus is my life so far in 2015. I am looking forward to the end of the semester, and to summer when I can, hopefully, embrace some outdoor activities!


1 comment:

  1. *highfives* You are balancing a lot, girl!

    That's awesome that you're doing a color run! :D Where is it being held? I want to do one someday...

    I'm so happy for you and your man! From the photos I've seen you're extremely cute together. :) And I like how you "cooking" with him is you watching him cook & taste testing - fantastic! Haha...

    ReplyDelete