Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

To Smile



Smile. 

I am working as a camp counselor at a day camp. I am in charge of the younger children's group...the 5-7 year olds. 

As I stand watch over them at lunch time, I look across the pavilion, and the eyes of one of my kiddos catches mine. 
Their whole face lights up in the widest smile you can imagine. It is so infectious, that you can't help but smile back. It is so sweet and adoring that you just grin with delight. 

I stand, watching my kids playing, getting along. I smile as I see my youngest kiddo comforting her older friend over a scraped knee. 
I smile as I see the lil boys admiring the blood they acquire from a fall. 
I smile when I see a kiddo running toward me, arms out-stretched, ready to tackle me in a hug. 
I smile when I'm greeted each morning with a, "SAAAAAM! Guess WHAT??" The excitement, the enthusiasm, the delight, the joy I see every day in my kiddos. It is addicting, it is infectious. 

Even on the days that my kids are dropped off in tears because they don't want their moms to leave...minutes later, they see me and turn those frowns upside down. 

These kids teach me every day to greet life with a smile. To smile through the tears, to seize each moment with utter delight! To be so enthralled with life and the opportunities in front of me with such enthusiasm. To love life to the fullest. 

These kids teach me to smile. 




3 comments:

  1. Omw I love this post so much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO sweet! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smiles are GREAT. So glad you're enjoying your kiddos! :)

    ReplyDelete