Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Music lately....this post is going to be about some of the "covers" I've been listening to lately. Covers can either go maaaaaajorly wrong or extremely well. Here are some of my favs. whether or not you think they're maaaaaaaaaajorly wrong or extremely good. 

- Mike Tompkins: love love his covers. The guy is freakin amazing. He creates each song he covers with just his mouth. This includes the instruments. It's awesome to watch and fun to listen to. Check him out for def. sure. 

- Michael Henry & Justin Robinett: not as huge a fan of them, but I have been listening to their covers lately. I love their version of "Hallelujah" especially. 

- Boyce Avenue: love the sound! Seriously good. I prefer Boyce Avenue's cover of "Teenage Dream" to the original (Sorry, Katy Perry.)...definitely worth the listen. 

- Tiffany Alvord. Tiffany, Tiffany, Tiffany...*sigh* On the one hand, your voice is lacking *something* but on the other, I love your cover of  One Republic's "Secrets" with The Piano Guys. But then, we all know that The Piano Guys totally MAKE the cover. ;) 

And one song to leave you peeps with. Serious fun, even if I'm NOT an Adele fan: 

1 comment:

  1. I DO like Adele, and that little girl is GOOD! So are the other kids that are playing the instruments!! Great cover. :) You're making me want to do my own music post. :)

    ReplyDelete