Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

An Ordinary Princess



















Lavender's blue, rosemary's green
When I am king, you shall be queen.


~*~

What girl can pass up the deliciousness of a sweet, romantic fairytale? Even if it is unrealistic? "The Ordinary Princess" is certainly the best fairytale I have ever read...even topping "Beauty and the Beast" in my favorites. Why? Because it is not at all like any other fairytale. Princess Amy is no ordinary princess! As a baby she receives the gift of "being ordinary" and grows up a plain girl with mousy hair and freckles. She is surpassed by her many sisters' beauty and no prince will look twice at her. When her father, the king, comes up with a ridiculous plan to snare her a husband, she runs away, determined to make her own way in life. She is hired as a maid in a castle, where she meets the most perfect prince charming, whose unusual "un-Prince-Charmingish manners are what make him "perfect", in my opinion. And such an adorable story is matched with equally adorable illustrations, all written and illustrated by M.M. Kaye. "The Ordinary Princess" is truly <3.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh! I love that picture!! <3 <3

    I shall have to try to read that! :-) I like her name too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the book was very cute. The pictures too!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished the book!! EEP! I LOVED IT!! I think it's my favorite fairy tale (although I do so love the disney Snow White too! ;-)).
    But I did love it!! And I loved Perry and Amy!! <3

    ReplyDelete