Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Stress is something I'm constantly battling with school. I get all anxious over everything I have to do, then stress about it until I give myself a headache. It makes me irritable, down in the dumps, and heading back to that very color-less place called depression. (Just in case you didn't know: no color = bad place to be.)

After I finished classes for the day, I sat, waiting for my brother and as I sat there, I worried about all the homework that I would have to accomplish this weekend. "With all the math homework and test I have to study for, how am I going to get everything done on time??" And I headed towards that happy land of stressville when I realized I couldn't do ANY of my homework while waiting for my brother since all of it required my computer. So why bother stressing? It wasn't like I could do anything about the extra homework at the moment, so why waste my free time with stressing out?

"I wanna be happy so I'm gonna be happy." I decided. I pulled out my Journalism notebook and flipped to the middle and began a letter to my best friend. As I sat there, I listened to Coldplay's "Paradise" and enjoyed the sunshine. After a bit, I hung out with a friend, sitting outside in the sun, both of us trying to get a tan while talking about music.

And I was happy. It was relaxing and enjoyable.

And, in spite of having to go to work, then back to school to get some studio time, I managed to get home and finish not only my English and Journalism homework, but some of my math homework as well.

Take that Stressville. Booyah.

1 comment: